Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thrift Finds March 8, 2012

I've been dabbling in some different niches as of late but still find that my tried and true kitchen items, that I know so well, never let me down.  This West Bend Miracle Maid Skillet proved to be one of them.  I found this skillet at a Goodwill and didn't remember if it was a winner so I took out my phone to search Terapeak right there in the store.  I can't tell you how much I love my new phone!  Having internet access right in the store and being able to search Terapeak right away, instead of guessing, really has saved me a ton of cash as well as made me a ton of cash!  I looked it up and noticed that there were a few other sellers of this skillet but this one was in OK shape.  I checked a few listings as to the condition and realized mine was in pretty good shape.  It was only $3 so I grabbed it and listed it at $38.99.  It sold in a matter of days. 
I bought 2 of these Lilyette bras when Syms was going out of business for $5.00 each.  This is totally out of my comfort zone but I had learned from another seller that bras sell very well especially the large cups that are pretty.  Supposedly, large size bras (these were 38DD) that are beautiful are hard to come by.  (My back is thankful that I do not have this problem!)  These 2 sold to the same person for $24.99 each with free shipping.  A sweet $49.98 sale!
 Ah, Yertle the Turtle.  How lucky was I to find this 1st edition with a note from a friend inside confirming the date for a whopping $1.50!  Yertle the Turtle was first originally published in a magazine back in 1951 and again in (I believe) 1953.  The book was not published until 1958.  The copyright inside shows the first two dates but 1958 is the actual printing of the book.  A search on Terapeak showed others listed and not selling at the $150 to $300 range.  Since I paid $1.50 for it, I popped it up for $125 with Best Offer and it sold soon after for $100 with free shipping.  Media mail is very inexpensive so I made a nice hefty profit off of this book!  Thank you Dr. Seuss (and happy belated birthday!)
This is a cranberry/tomato server.  Who would have thought that it was necessary to have a special utensil solely to serve tomato slices or cranberry sauce?  I find it a little over the top but ever since I started selling flatware, I realized they make pieces for the most ridiculous things.  I have found lemon slice juicers and strawberry transferring thongs (yes, for one strawberry at a time!).  All types of crazy utensils.  But guess what...this was new, silver plated, made by International Silver and sold within 24 hours of listing for $21.99.  I had paid $0.50 for it at a church flea market so I'm a happy camper!

Have a great week everyone!  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Nice sales! I'll be adding that Dr. Seuss book to my BOLO list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...