Thursday, August 2, 2012

Getting Back into the Groove

After a few months of having my life turned upside down by several events, I am finally getting my groove back.  I never really intended to take a break but things changed drastically and I had to adjust my schedule completely.  I have promised myself to keep on top of the things that I love to do and writing was high up on my list.  So here I am...let's get started!

I have mustered through most of the humongous pile in my garage.  Many items were donated because either the value wasn't there or the value was not high enough to justify my time.  I have realized that my time is worth much more money than what I was making.  I still have a table full  to go but it's much more manageable.  

I cleaned out my eBay store and went from over 500 items to about 150.  I ended many listings because I wanted to change the picture, template, title or just get rid of it because it was one of those items that wouldn't make me much.  It was refreshing and scary at the same time.  Many of the items that I got rid of were purchased at the beginning of my start as a seller and after researching them again, I knew they wouldn't sell.  Better to get rid of it than to pay listings fees!  I'm back up to about 240 listings with many new items and some relisted with new pictures.  I hope to get through the whole list of "need new picture" lisitngs by the end of the summer.

I also started selling on Amazon this year.  This was one of the big reasons I had no time to write.  Learning how to be a successful seller on Amazon is completely different than on eBay and I completely absorbed myself in it.  It wasn't hard, it was just a lot of information and completely different that eBay.  I have a lot to still learn but have found my comfort zone.

Lastly, I became the Director in February at my job, National Bartenders School.  I was working tons of hours and filled in the gaps with eBay and Amazon which left me no time to write.  Now that I've settled in to the position my time is a little bit more free and I can fit so much more in to my schedule.  

I look forward to writing again.  I loved posting my Thrift Finds and am actually already working on one.  Have a great day!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...