Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thrift Finds November 11, 2011

Well I haven't been thrifting in a while but went out with my mother a couple of times and we hit my two favorite Goodwill's in Milford & Orange, CT one weekend and then my favorite yearly church tag sale the next.  I was glad to go to the Goodwill because I wanted to add to my dinnerware selection since I've been selling a huge amount of it lately.  I am also on the lookout for mugs because I notice that they do extremely well.  This pattern is Homestead by International China and is very popular.  I have flatware in the same pattern.  My mother actually has the whole dinnerware set but won't let me sell it!  LOL!

I also got a brand new, still in the box set of this Theodore Bear Tienshan dinnerware.  There were many other pieces that were new in the box including a napkin holder, salt, pepper  spoon rest set, tea kettle and 4 coffee mugs.  They were marked half off so I grabbed all the pieces and only paid $18.50, for everything!  They have been listed for about a month and the only pieces I have left are the mugs and the salt, pepper and spoon rest set.

I also found, still in the box, Clairol hot rollers and they work great!  At the church tag sale, I was able to score another set.  This one cost me $3.00 and the church sale one cost me $1.50.  They sell upward of $30-$40!  I've been learning lots of new things lately as I would have walked by these in a minute!

At the church sale, I found this Starbucks mug.  Actually, I found two!  One was $0.50 the other was $1.00.  I love Starbucks mugs.  They are such an easy sell!


These are probably my best find.  They haven't sold yet as I just listed them the other day.  They are Dansk Silverplated Torun Buffet Spoons.  They are huge and cost $1.00 for the pair!  I polished them up and listed them at $129.99 for the pair.  They are uncommon and even Replacements Ltd doesn't have any! 

I have kept true to my word and have been going through the inventory that I already have stockpiled.  I've listed a lot and am up to 508 with tons of things selling in between and removing about 50 baseball cards that didn't sell.  I've really been gung-ho because I will be moving soon and really don't want to take a tons of unlisted inventory that would probably go to the Goodwill anyways.  Now, on to listing!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...