Monday, December 5, 2011

Thrift FInds December 5, 2011


Well, I had a busy week with two eBay students to teach and my Dad's birthday celebration but I was able to get a bunch of my prior thrifts listed.  I've been going through a lot of boxes and realized that some of this stuff has been sitting around waiting to be listed for almost a year!  That's where I found this Lefton Jam Pot.  It still has it's original spoon.  It's so cute and in perfect condition.  I remember picking this up at a church sale in a box lot and definitely didn't pay over a quarter for it.

I picked this Mary Engelbreit cup and saucer set up a few weeks ago.  It's Christmas-y and cute and only cost $1.50.  Mary Engelbreit is very collectible so I took a shot at it.
I've been working on a lot of clothes this week.  They have piled up so much and I really needed to start listing them.  I sorted through quite a few bags and threw out a couple of stained items, put the summer clothes aside and listed what was pertinent for this time of year.  This Anne Klein sweater vest, I got at a bag sale during the summer.  It was $5 a bag and I think I was able to shove 20 pieces of clothing in the bag so I paid a quarter for it. 

 A Brooks Brothers Oxford.  I also got this at a bag sale but a different one.  I've learned a lot about men's shirt this week!  I've learned what an OCBD is, what a french cuff is, the vintage labels for Brooks Brothers and so much more.  I never realized there was so much to know!





I did list this summer Hawaiian shirt but only because it is Tommy Bahama and somebody may want it for Christmas.  I made sure it was authentic when I bought it because Tommy Bahama is faked a lot!  There are several ways to tell if it is fake or not.  A real Tommy Bahama will have the style number on a tag inside the shirt and will also have a washing tag with one or two extra buttons attached to it.  Another good way to tel is that all TB shirts designs line up perfectly where the shirt opens.  Many fakes do not but the fakers are beginning to do a much better job so the tag will be a sure give away.  I always look for it.

More listing to do today since I haven't gotten anything listed since Friday.  This house also needs a good cleaning so I am off!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...