Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thift Finds Today August 14, 2011

So I went to the Goodwill this morning hoping to find all the goodies that I had seen during the week but no such luck.  Most of them were gone.  C'est la vie!  If it's not there then it wasn't meant to be.  I have great luck finding so much other stuff and I can't get it all!

I did get a few things that I had seen like this vintage Mr. Steak ashtray which is highly collectable.  It doesn't sell for a huge amount but I will make money.

I also got these two mugs that I wanted at half price.  They are cute and signed.  I looked them up on Terapeak and I will make money on these also.

I looked at all the mugs but things were very sparse today.  There was a lot more shelf than items being sold.  Sometimes this Goodwill is packed with stuff and sometimes it's so empty.

I was also waiting for this little Pyrex England bowl to go half off and I was so happy that it was there!  I don't have any Pyrex England and it is in perfect condition so I got and am keeping it!

I don't know why but Pyrex England doesn't sell as well as the US made stuff.  I find that odd because this pattern is so pretty and most of the England pieces I've seen have such lovely designs.

I found this Lenox candy dish in the holiday pattern.  It's in really good condition and will be a great addition to my Christmas stock.

I looked through the books today and found a few that I thought would do well.  The text book cost me $1 and is already in my Alibris store for $23.  Perfect time for me to find that since college will be starting soon!

And the last two things I snagged were these two shirts.  The blue one is maternity and will be going in my store.  The green one is a simple olive green tee which will be going in my drawer!


After I did all this thrifting I headed over to the National Bartenders School in Fairfield, CT for a wine class.  Boy was that fun and I learned so much!  A very knowledgeable sommelier, Codey Foster, taught the class and had us tasting six different types of wine plus a sparkler.  It was fantastic!

When I left the wine class I headed to the grocery store.  A little secret that I've been keeping fro you is that I'm a couponer.  I usually do my shopping early on Sunday morning but this morning was so rainy and since I was attending the wine course, I figured I go right afterward.  So I went and I got my $103.90 worth of groceries for $30.40!  And not junk food!  I got 3 lbs chicken breast, Italian sausage, lettuce, tomatoes, pasta sauce, Honey Nut Cheerios, 8 Knorr Pasta sides, butter, bread, V8 juice fusion, 4 laundry detergents, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, 2 all purpose spray cleaners and 6 pack of paper towel.  And no I'm not a hoarder or one of those extreme couponers who take up their child's crib for the toothpaste they just scored.  But if I could get a good deal and I need it, then I'll buy it.  Like now that I have 4 laundry detergents, I won't need to buy for quite some time.  I only thing I really won't ever stop buying and stocking up on is coffee.  It's so darn expensive and even though I have four cans, if I can get one for 49 cents, then I'm buying it!  I love coffee and drink enough of it.  Plus if I have too much I tend to bring my parents a few cans!

Tomorrow I have a bag sale that I'm going to check out.  It's a thrift stores summer clearance and they are doing $4 a bag.  I'd love to score a couple bags!  Hope you had a good thrifty weekend!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...