Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thrift Finds Today August 6, 2011

As planned, I went out this morning to yard sales.  I was up bright and early at 6:45am and out the door by 7:50am.  I went to a multi family at a school that ended up having nothing for me.  It discouraged me a tinge because I haven't been out in so long (except to stores).  I went to the next one that was day two of an estate sale.  It was pretty messy but I kept plodding through.  The first floor was pretty well picked over and I heeded to the basement.  It was wall to wall but you couldn't get to anything.  Tools, screws, furniture filled with tools and screws!  You know the scene.  So I headed back up stairs to go to the 2nd floor.  I went in the room on the left and quickly realized that this had been a craft room!  Oh I was thrilled!  I found tons of stuff at a great price.  Here's what I got:
 Craft books!  Some are by the well known Nancy Zieman, there is a Christmas one, nature one, country one and a few more.  These are going in my store.  I may keep one as I always loved making wreaths and may try to do that again.  (Yeah, right, who am I kidding!)
 Two huge pieces of fabric to use as backdrops.  My gray is getting a little old.  The white one (which is actually cream colored) is 6 yards and the blue is a little under 4 yards.  I won't need backdrop for a while!
 Some shipping envelopes.  Always need these!
 Two vintage Popular Science Magazines.  I love the top ones cover story...New "Breakthrough" Electric Car!  What I can't believe is that these are from 1971 and it's now 2011.  If it was a breakthrough 40 years ago then why am I not driving one along with everyone else and why are we all paying over $4.00 a gallon for gas?
And three boxes of dress patterns and a few craft kits sprinkled in.  These are all going in my store!  I paid a whooping $18 for all of it!  The books, the patterns, the magazines, everything!  Woo-hoo!

So I moved on to the next sale which ended up being a multifamily.  One family had a lot of Lilly Pulitzer that I would have snagged if it wasn't so expensive and if it was Fall clothes.  I need Fall clothes for the store right now, not Summer.

At the last family in that sale, I bought some stuff.  I got these patches since I was on a sewing notions kick.
I also got this sachet because I'm a "C" and I thought it was pretty.  I'm keeping it.
I got this mug thinking it will do well during Valentines Day...
I got these fuzzy posters for Christmas gifts this year.  I may sell them though since they are the big ones.
And I got all these blue ball jars!
So pretty.  These will sell well.

I was exhausted when I got home but as promised my mom showed up and we went to the thrift store.  The only thing I found there was this mug.
And I only bought it because of the movie.  Smurfs are hot right now!

After that, we went to lunch and then home and here I am showing you what I got today.  I hope you had a good thrifting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...