Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thrift Finds August 24, 2011

I went to a bag sale last Monday where I scored a bag of name brand clothing for $4.00!  It was a small store but packed with stuff.  The prices were VERY reasonable but it was definitely a place where I would need to spend more time in order to go through everything and there is a definite need to look closely at each item since many had stains or holes.  I was lucky to get a full bag of name brand stuff!  I got a Barneys of New York shirt, BCBG sweater, Anne Klein blouse among others.  I'm happy to have found a new friendly thrift store to visit and they even directed me to their competition around the corner!    

In addition to the clothing that I found I got some of my favorites to sell.  I found these two beautiful Georges Briard serving trays.  I researched them on Terapeak and found that there aren't very many of these styles that have sold so I could probably get a bit more for these than I usually do for the Georges Briard that I usually stock!
I love this pink and gold one on the milk glass!  I'm tempted to keep it but know full well that I will never use it.  This one has a bit of wear to the gold but since I haven't seen too many of these, I think that will be OK.

This one is huge!  It is in great condition with no wear.  I haven't seen any in this pattern either.
 Look at this great pattern!  I love it!
I also got this Royal China pie plate.  They come with all sorts of recipes on them and this is the first one with the pumpkin pie recipe that I have gotten.  They don't sell for huge amounts of money but if I purchase them for a good price, I can always make a few dollars.  And since I have sold a bunch of these, the listing is super easy to duplicate in my listing software.  Now that I have this one, when I get another one, all I have to do is raise the inventory level instead of retyping a listing!
I'm not sure if I showed this dinnerware to you yet but I have it listed and ready for the holidays.  It's a 12 piece set of Salem Porcelle which is Corelle or Arcopal like.  It's in excellent condition with no chips, cracks or wear.

I didn't get too much else this week but I am planning on going out to yard sales this week before the hurricane hits.  It's due to hit my area and I am hoping it goes the other way.  I remember Hurricane Gloria in the 80's.  I was about 13 and remember how much of a mess everything was for days afterward.  I'm now an adult and a homeowner and have no desire to deal with that.  I also really don't want to lose power because then I won't be able to use eBay!  I would be so bored.  Let it rain all day but just keep Irene away!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...