Monday, September 19, 2011

Thrift FInds Sept 19th 2011

I didn't do much thrifting last week but I did pop over to the Goodwill after I dropped my shipping.  I had the urge to go out and do more but I re-channeled that energy in to listing more items especially with the 150 free auction sale they had going on last week.  I got no where near 150. I listed a grand total of 16! However, I'm happy to report, that out of those 16 listings I have 7 with bids and still one day left to go!  So my store is now up to 431 fixed price listings and 16 auctions for a total of 447 and I still have 20 items sitting in my listing software that need pictures and then are ready to go.  Most of those 20 are clothes so tonight I will iron, photograph and submit them and will be even closer to 500 items!  Wow, I can't believe it!

So enough chit chat...here's what I got...

This men's shirt I had gotten at Savers during the Labor Day Sale.  It's a lovely print with coconut buttons.  I tried this one at auction and started the price at $9.99 plus shipping.  I usually do my auctions plus shipping because I generally don't know where it's going to end up and I don't need to get burned too badly!  With fixed price, I always add the shipping in and offer free shipping.  However, when I do auctions it's either A) for fun B) because I don't know what the true value is and can't find any solid research or C) to engage the search engines with some web food!  This shirt has a bid and will sell.
I also got this shirt at the Savers Sale.  It's listed at $9.99 plus shipping and also has a bid with 2 watchers.  I'm hoping the 2 watchers will have a small bidding war and drive the price up a little.  It's a BINGO shirt which is why I got it.  Something different and quirky. I actually start all my clothing at $9.99 plus shipping when doing it at auction.  I never do the $0.99 start since there is just WAY too much risk with that!

This is the pattern of the BINGO shirt.  Perfect for those enthusiasts!  Lucky BINGO shirt anyone???
OK, so this isn't mine and wasn't thrifted but I am selling it.  It's on consignment.  I do accept consignments and have learned so much from selling other people's stuff.  This is something that I would now look for when out thrifting.  It is a humidor, y'know for cigars.  It's 3 levels and I started bidding at $9.99.  It's currently up to $52.00 plus shipping (about $20) and has a whooping 21 watchers. 

This Rochard Limoges trinket box is also on consignment.  Along with the two below.
They are so interesting.  Research was a tad difficult on these because there are so many different themes.  It was hard to find a comparable camera trinket box (in this instance) to price it at.  That's where Terapeak came in and saved me from my anguish!

This one is a Godiva limited edition by Halcyon Days.  It sold within 12 hours for $136.99.  Sweet!
Now, back to my stuff.  I found three more cake pans.  This teddy bear I listed at $16.99 with the printed instructions...
...and this snowman (which triples as a zany clown and a poor guy) also for $16.99 with the instructions.  The third one is a Barney pan and I just printed the instructions so I will be listing him tonight as well.
This board game is brand new and is listed at $24.99 with free shipping.  Right down the road from my house (which is going to be dangerous) a new little thrift store just opened.  It's full of goodies and completely random stuff.  I can't wait until I have a bit more time on my hands to sift through it all!

 Two beautiful vintage Fire King Mugs.  I listed them at $29.99 with free shipping and best offer.  Best offer is great way to get bumped up on the eBay search list.  So I priced high with free shipping.
Now this set of 4 Campbell Soup mugs are from the 125th Anniversary collection.  Be advised that had I not gotten the full set of four, then I would be stuck with them.  I didn't know this until I looked at eBay completed listing and did a search back an entire year on Terapeak.  None of the mugs sold unless it was the complete set.

Lastly, I got these brand new, still in the box, Dansk juice glasses.  I actually got two boxes of the juice glass and one box of the lowball glasses.  I got the juice glasses for $2.50 per box and the lowball for $3.00! 


They are a pretty glass with a geometric design and and octagon shape.  I'll definitely be able to score off of these!





I'm kind of itching to go out and do some thrifting but I have a busy week ahead of me and really shouldn't.  I need to list what I have but sometimes the thrift bug just takes over.  Maybe I'll just check out the new thrift store down the road.  You never know what I'll find!  Enjoy your week!  Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. That Bingo shirt is a hoot! Good to know about those cake pans - I see similar ones all the time at my thrifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rochard Limoges trinket box is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finds, especially the McDonalds mugs. I didn't know (or had forgotten) that 'Best offer is great way to get bumped up on the eBay search list.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, the bingo shirt is fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Catherine,

    I am interested in using some of your Terapeak success stories. Please e-mail me rlaker (at) terapeak.com

    Thanks,
    Ryan @ Terapeak

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...