Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thrift Finds Sept 29, 2011

I didn't do too much thrifting this past week but I did go to the Goodwill once and went to Brooklyn where I met with a really nice lady who gave me a ton of donations.  It actually packed my car and I could barely see out of the back window.  I am very grateful to her for her kindness as I found a few great scores.

I found these great apple shaped bowls last week at the Goodwill but was hoping they would still be there when they went half off and sure enough they were.  They are unmarked but I could tell that they were vintage.  When I did some research I found out they are Hazel-Atlas and were made in all sorts of colors.  I had initially bought them for myself but since I can make decent money off of them, I'm selling them.  I'm putting them at auction and starting them at $19.99.

I also found this great Starbucks mug.  The handle is a furry velvet brown and it is made of porcelain.  It is listed at $24.99.
This is a Sears hanging planter in the Merry Mushroom pattern.  It is from the 70's, highly collectible and very popular.  I have sold many pieces from this pattern and they always do well.  This planter is in really good condition and still has the original hanging chain.  It is also going to auction with a starting price of $19.99.
There were two of these serving bowls in the donation pile. They are made by Churchill which is made in England.  The pattern is called Blue Peony and is  discontinued.  Each is listed for $33.99.
Here is a Pink Peony Churchill platter.  There were two in the pile but one had a small chip on the rim so I kept it.  :)  The platter is listed at $27.99.


This perfume is one of the really great things that I ended up finding in the donation.  This perfume is expensive and sells new on eBay for around $250.  Since this is slightly used, I'm going to put it at auction and start it at $99.99.  Below are some recent sales (click picture to view) so needless to say, I was very happy when I was researching this one! 


2 comments:

  1. Ohh!! I just bought a Hazel Atlas glass book about a week ago, and looks like those apple bowls are from them. They are called "Apple Moderntone".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Merry Mushroom planter is hysterical. I've noticed a lot of mushroom items at the various thrifts in New Haven lately. Funny how these trends pop up, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...