Happy Sept 1st everyone! I can't believe that it's already September and the summer is almost over! I have gotten so much accomplished though this summer. I didn't go to as many yard sales as I had planned but I did begin to attack the huge amount of inventory I have piled everywhere!
Last Friday, just before we got hit by Irene (thankfully I only had a big limb that fell in my front yard), I went to my favorite Goodwill in Orange. I was having new dish inventory withdrawal and this particular Goodwill usually has so many good items at great prices. Here's what I found:
I got this Deruta mug. I have had a lot of good luck with Deruta and it sells for quite a bit depending on what type of item it is. This mug I listed for $21.99.
Signature on the bottom. If you find one that says S.Volpi Deruta, snag it! It is very desirable and collectible. Deruta is an area of Italy known for their beautiful pottery. Deruta's most popular designs are Arabesco (has little bird in center with floral/leaves surrounding it), Orvieto (Rooster) and Raffaellesco (Dragon). I have sold a lot of Raffaellesco and I have the vintage Orvieto. It was my grandmas and I remember it hanging on the wall. I could fetch a pretty penny for it but that's one thing that I just can't give up. Check out the prices of some Raffaellesco selling on eBay.
Here is another mug I found. If you notice at the bottom, there is a little chip. I guarantee it will sell. I have sold these items with chips and repairs because they are so desirable. Just make sure that it isn't a chunk right out of the middle! This one I listed at $18.99 because of the chip.
The signature.
Bugs Bunny Cake Pan. I printed out the instructions for decorating to add to the shipment. It gives it an added bonus. I must thank my fellow posters in a wonderful group that I have been blessed to be a part of for offering up this information. When I saw the pans, I knew they would sell. If I was never privy to this group, I would have left them on the shelf! So thank you Lynn Hudziak for the tip and thank you Bryan Goodman for adding me!
Little Suzy's Zoo Cake Pan
Disney Princess (Cinderella) Cake Pan. Apparently this one sells for quite a bit. The Bugs and Little Suzy I listed for $16.99 and this one is listed for $29.99. If it was brand new, I would have tried for $45 but with a few scratches, I didn't want to press my luck! I got all three for under $6.00!
Royal Stafford Dinner Plates. Ah my love of dishes drew me to these two beauties. I wish there were more! I have had very good luck with black, white and black and white dinnerware lately. I think consumers definitely like the sleek modern look. Me, I love my mish-mosh mixture of dishes, but that's just me!
I almost forgot about these little votive candles. So pretty and well made. Truly vintage since they have a little sticker on the bottom that says "Made in Western Germany". My guess would be from the 70's. These are ready for Christmas!
So after this haul (which I actually didn't show you everything since it's not all photographed), I still had the thrifting bug and headed over to the Milford Goodwill right down the road. I longed to stop at Savers but remembered that I will be hitting that up this Sunday for the 50% Labor Day Sale! Whoop Whoop!
My dish desire was fulfilled at this Goodwill. I found this beautiful set of Midwinter Wedgwood Stonehenge white dinnerware. The entire set cost me $30 and I listed it this morning. Although this set doesn't sell for tons of money, I already sold the cereal bowls and made my money back so the rest is pure profit. I love dishes! It's so easy to list a whole set and the margins are great! Shout out to Lynn Dralle. If it wasn't for her Dinnerware Success book that I bought, I never would have bought this Midwinter. I didn't even know Midwinter was Wedgwood until I read her book! Any who, here are some of the pieces.
The bowls that sold. Very plain but some people like that. I listed them in a set of 4.
Coffee mug and saucers. I listed these in a set of 3 and have two of those sets to sell!
The backstamp.
Another thanks goes to the Dinnerware Success book for pointing me in the direction of this seasonal dinnerware. It's a little too folksy for me but once I saw Debbie Mumm, I knew I was going to by it!
I got a 16 piece set. The mugs match the salad plate and the dinner plate and soup bowl are a simple design that offsets them.
Each snowman is different. These are the two that I called bird seed. There is one with a shovel, one skiing and one ice skating.
The soup bowls.
And the dinner plates. This set is perfect for someone who is building a set, missing a piece or broke one. Maybe I'll even get someone who wants all 16 pieces!
I love Georges Briard and his gold on glass so I was immediately drawn to these. Although they are not Georges Briard, they are signed Pasinski and they are in excellent condition with very little wear. I usually have very good luck with these types of decorated glassware. So pretty!
And that's all I got from the Milford Goodwill! Two sets of dishes and 6 glasses! By the time I was done I was ready to go home and since my car was packed I really didn't have much more room! Well, it's empty now and ready for a haul on Sunday from Savers! I'll let you know how that goes! Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment