Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thrift Finds Sept 7, 2011

I went to Savers this past weekend for the 50% off Labor Day sale that was basically on clothing and shoes with the full intention of stocking up on those items.  However, I headed straight for the housewares (of course!).  I'm so happy I did because I found three of my favorite things to sell.
This first thing I found was a complete set of this beautiful Ruby Red Arcoroc glass dinnerware.  I have very good luck with Arcoroc.  I usually find the Cobalt Blue, which is very poplar, and have been looking for the Ruby Red.  I finally found it!  I got 46 pieces that I divided up into twos and listed it a couple of days ago.  These are discontinued and people are always looking for more pieces.
The next thing I found popped out at me and I grabbed it!  A beautiful CathrineHolm sauce pan.  It had a pea sized chip on the inside and some wear.  I was a little disappointed with the condition but I cleaned it up as best I could and listed it at $37.99 with free shipping.  It sold within two hours of listing!
I was so happy that I found the CathrineHolm that I merrily went along thinking that my day was just perfect with the two items that I had just found!  I rounded the corner and these two beauties jumped in front of me!  Actually, the first thing I noticed was the name, not the pattern, Georges Briard!  By now you know how much I love Georges Briard but I have never found the enamel canisters before.  I was ecstatic!  These were in great condition even with a few chips.  I had every intention of keeping them until I realized that they didn't go with my decor AND that I knew I could make good money off of them.  So I listed them at $78.99 and within two hours, these sold too!

Not a very fun item but when I found these hologram pages, I knew they were a score.  Since I coupon and have already set up my coupon binder (yes, I have one) I had bought these pages and new what they went for.  This is a pack of 100 and it is still sealed in plastic.  I wish I found them before I set up my coupon binder!
I did not get this at Savers.  I had $18 in Register Rewards that were expiring so i had to go to Walgreen's to use them up.  I didn't really need too much but I grabbed some paper products and a few odds and ends and then headed to the clearance isle.  I found this Aveeno product there.  I tell you, I wish there were more because I would have bought them all.  They retail for about $40 in the store.  So I did a search on eBay only to find that they weren't selling for much more than what I bought them for.  I was quite disappointed.  But then I remembered something.  Most, if not all, of my health & beauty items are sold overseas.  I laughed a couple of weeks ago when I sold mascara to somebody in Belgium.  I thought to myself, "Don't they have mascara there?  I mean it's Belgium.  Quite a classy place, not a third world country!"  I pondered this for a moment and began to search the listings.  OMGosh!  I figured it out.  Out of about 35 listings of this Aveeno product, only 3 people were selling internationally!  Now I realized what was going on.  I sell internationally!  That's why all my stuff goes overseas and I can sell at a higher price.  So knowing what I know now, I listed the Aveeno for $24.99 with free shipping.

I also got tons of clothes at Savers but I will share that with you next week as I have no plans on venturing out this weekend.  I planning on staying home and attacking this inventory pile!  Have a great week!  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through ATG and I love it! Have browsed through a few of your posts, and I love the upbeat writing style - as well as your amazing finds and reselling tips.
    Finding a new great blogger makes my day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow!!! Great finds and sales too. Thanks for posting what they sold for and how quick. Something to keep my eyes open for. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...