Collectable books sell great. Easton Press, Franklin Mint, anything with a slip case, signed, antique or a reprint. My consignors have given me so many of these to sell and they move very quickly. So the money comes in and the inventory space is freed as well. I have gained a world of knowledge about these books and now know what to look for when I go out thrifting!
I have another consignor that has given me a boat load of signed, 1st edition Safari Press books. I am not fond of the subject material at all but they are worth a bundle! I'll be looking for these in my travels as well.
I've listed about 6 book boxes of both of these types of books and I am all booked out. I try to switch up what I'm listing so I don't get bored with it but I just wanted to get these listed. I powered through it and now I'm done. So today I focused on my stuff! Since I love china, that's what I listed today...
I found this gorgeous Franconia Krautheim china at a tag sale last year and packed it away safe so it wouldn't get broken until I had a chance to list it. I ended up forgetting about this set until I wanted nothing else to do with books! I remembered it this morning and dug it out.
It such a beautiful simple yet elegant pattern. The name of it is Golden Gem and it is hard to find. It was only produced between 1964 and 1965 which makes it rare and expensive! I got several pieces and they are all in superb condition. I bet they were hardly used. I remember the sale quite clearly. It was an older gentleman and his daughter who were selling the contents of their recently deceased auntie. He told me how he remembered this in the china cabinet. A very nice man who reminded me of my Uncle Joe. He looked like him and was just as friendly and talkative as Uncle Joe! At this same sale, I got myself a red flame Descoware dutch oven since I love how Descoware cooks and because I already had the matching saucepan. Both are on my stove now!
I went thrifting at the Goodwill on Thursday night but I am saving all those goodies (and boy did I get some goodies) for tomorrow. Reason being is that I am going out thrifting tomorrow and I figured I will just consolidate all finds into one!
No comments:
Post a Comment