Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Inventory and Organization

For the past two weeks I have been struggling with the amount of inventory that I have that is unlisted.  I decided that it was in my best interest to stop thrifting for the month of May and tackle some of the goods that have been laying around.  I have scaled back quite a bit but I still have stopped by a few places!  It's very difficult to go cold turkey!  

I have also decided to sell many of the items I have purchased over the years.  I realized that my DVD collection, although small and compact, is collecting dust as I don't watch TV or movies half as much as I used to.  I will certainly be keeping my favorite movies (like The Color Purple) but I am putting many of the others up for sale.  I'm also cleaning out my pantry, cabinets, closets and drawers.  There are clothes that haven't been worn, dishes that haven't been eaten off of and good sellable stuff that just has not been used.

All of my efforts will hopefully transform into a more organized work space and home.  I am quite organized at the moment but I really prefer everything to flow very smoothly.  My inventory online is at 290 listings on Ebay (with almost 500 with each dish, piece or part), 15 on Etsy and over 200 books on Alibris.  It is getting to the point that I need to create a designated inventory room with proper shelving. 

My sales have also gone up dramatically since I have increased my listings and I have been having multiple sales each day.  I see that this is going to become a exactly what I want it to...a sustainable business that I will be able to live off of. 

I am so excited about these new developments.  I look forward to having everything flow so smoothly so that I can get back to thrifting and posting!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...