Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thrift Finds This Week May 10th

Well, I've taken quite a few days off from writing and was able to accomplish some of the things that I had wanted to do.  With Mother's Day this past weekend (and a happy belated Mother's Day to all mothers around the world), the yard sales were quite sparse this weekend.  I did manage to go to two sales and on my way to one I passed this beautiful church.
I was driving and couldn't take my time and get a better shot (which would have included the steeple!) but I thought it was just such a pretty picture.  The stark white church against the bright blue sky with the blooming cherry tree and the little red door.  If you look on the left there is a man tending the garden.  A brief moment of tranquility...then the light turned green.

So I got to the sale and there was nothing for me so I headed on to the next one.  There I found...
this lovely chip and dip set which I believe is Indiana glass.  I also got some silverplated salad forks and dinner forks but I haven't photographed those yet.  That was the end of yard sales this past week.  Bummer but at least I got out into the world and out of the house.

Sunday was spent at my sisters with her in-laws and my parents.  It was a beautiful day and it was nice to be able to spend time outside relaxing.  I said my goodbyes around 4pm and headed to the Goodwill that is right down the road from her house.  I love this one and don't go to it too often.  I only picked up a few things.
Pier 1 plates
and a porcelain Disney mug.  I did pick up a brand new pair of flip-flops for myself and some clothing for the store as well. 

Today I had to stop at Staples to get some printer paper.  I always check the clearance section and today I found
Dry erase markers for $0.50 but I only bought them because
it was two packages for $0.50!  They are going into my store.  I always look at everything possible from a selling prospective and sometimes you can find things to sell anywhere you do your daily shopping and not just at yard sales (although yard sales are much more fun!)

That's it for this week.  Not too much but I know that I can't hit it big every weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...