Monday, February 10, 2014

Thrift Finds - February 10, 2014


So as I had mentioned, I've been doing a lot with men's clothing and have learned a ton so far.  It has definitely been rewarding!  I went out with my Mom yesterday to the Goodwill in Monroe which is about a 20 minute drive from my house.  Neither my Mom nor I had been to that one in a bit and I'm happy to have gone.  The prices are a bit cheaper and I found some really good items.  However, I had also gone out mid-week to my local Goodwill and hit the jackpot on a few items!  I've already sent them to auction and one has sold and shipped today.  I re-listed the others this morning and another sold not too long ago!  Here are some of the things that I found last week as well as the ones that sold.


I found this sweet purple Grateful Dead Tie Dye shirt.  I priced it high at auction and it didn't sell so I moved it to my store with Best Offer attached to it.  If it was a bit smaller, I definitely would have kept it for myself.  First, it's purple which is my favorite color and second I love the graphic!
You can find this shirt here.





I also found this very lovely men's sport coat by Cricket & Co.  I had never heard of the company before but when I saw that the fabric was Loro Piana I grabbed it.  When I got home, I did a little research on Cricket & Co and found out that they are a clothing company in Belgium. You can find this sport coat here.



 
The sport coat is made extremely well and the lining is stunning. The fabric is a beautiful olive green brushed cotton.  Sometimes you have to trust your instincts in order to learn more.  Seeing how well made this item was, I took the risk.  It may take a little longer to sell but I'm very confident in this one.  Hopefully I will be able to report back soon with a sale!

Not only did I get the Grateful Dead Tie Dye but I got this one too (as well as a Phil Lesh, hee hee!)  Tie Dyes do great especially with a great band graphic on it.  This one sold at auction for $38.50.  I had started the auction at $29.99 and had somebody begging me to end the auction and let him buy it for that price.  I refused because I had a ton of views and a few watchers.  He did end up winning the auction and I'm glad I held out and got a few extra bucks!  Here is the break down:

Cost of Goods:  $3.79
Shipping:  $3.11
PayPal:  $1.42
eBay:   $3.47
Total Fees:  $11.79
Total Profit:  $26.71 (69.38%)


This Coogi shirt is a Size 6X.  I did pay more than I usually do for a polo shirt but only because of the name brand and because it is a 6X.  The large sizes do great but the huge sizes do even better.  This was in excellent condition as well.  It didn't sell at auction so I re-listed it at fixed price this morning and it sold this evening for $37.99.  Here's the break down:

Cost of Goods:  $9.00
Shipping:  $5.74
PayPal:  $1.40
eBay:  $3.42
Total Fees:  $19.56
Total Profit:  $18.43 (48.51%)

And I am completely happy with tripling my money in less than a week on this bad boy!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...