Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Today was an Amazon day

Today was a day that I choose to work on an Amazon shipment rather than eBay.  I had a ton of books that I had gotten and decided that it was time to get them out of my house and off to Amazon.  I started late this afternoon listing the books and then I moved on to the prep which includes removing price labels and cleaning with alcohol just so they aren't too dirty.  I then shrink wrapped them all.  Yup, I shrink wrap all my books.  It is tedious and does take extra time (as well as money) but I think it makes a much better presentation and I don't sell penny books so my margins aren't hit with the extra expense too much.  I also like the added protection for in the warehouse.  You never know what could happen.  Dust jackets can rip very easily and completely change the condition of a book and in turn the price as well.  After shrink wrap, I then had to label them all and finally pack them up for shipping.  I'll be dropping them off at the UPS Store tomorrow.  I'm glad to be freeing up some space for new inventory!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...