Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Grocery Haul October 12, 2011

I did this grocery haul a few days ago but I am still so proud of it!  I couldn't wait to go shopping and get all my deals!  When I reviewed the sales paper this past weekend, I saw so many items that I knew I had coupons for.  The prices were great too!  I'm actually all set now as my freezer and fridge are packed.  The only thing that I need to buy is cat food which I forgot to get but I have a $3.00 catalina left over from the shopping trip so I be able to get that for about $2.00.

This week I got $173.67 worth of groceries for $60.89.  That's $112.78 off of retail price!  There were 49 items purchased including:

  • Two bottles of V8 V-Fusion Juice
  • Six bottles of V8 Splash
  • Five jars of Heinz gravy
  • Ten cans of Campbell's chicken noodle/tomato soup
  • One Glade Air Freshener Spray
  • One Glade Home Decor Air Freshener
  • Two Glade candles
  • Two 12 packs of Angel Soft bath tissue
  • One can of Chock Full of Nuts Coffee
  • Three boxes of Barilla Whole Grain Penne Pasta
  • One box of Emerald Breakfast on the Go (great for work)
  • One bag of organic tortilla chips
  • One 12 pack of Thomas' English Muffins
  • One Perdue Whole Fryer (scored a 4.22 lb bird for $2.07!)
  • Five lbs of Broccoli crowns (I blanch and freeze)
  • Two containers of Pillsbury Grands biscuits
  • One pound of Hotel Bar Butter ($0.99!)
  • On dozen Egglands Best Eggs
  • Two Bertolli Chicken Parmigiana Dinners
  • One container of Friendly's Ice Cream
  • Two Cover Girl Blushes
  • Two Cover Girl Bronzers (these last four items I got for free and I will sell in my eBay store since I don't wear too much makeup)
I'm tempted to back and get more broccoli only because it's about to go out of season and I love broccoli!  When I blanch and freeze it, it lasts for about 3 months and it tastes so much better than store bought frozen.

I am so very happy with this haul.  I think I'm going to use the whole chicken and make some chicken soup.  I better get busy!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...