Friday, October 7, 2011

Grocery Haul - October 7, 2011

As much as I love selling on eBay, I also have another passion; couponing.  I love to go to the grocery store and save big bucks!  Now I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm an extreme couponer because I don't have that much space for grocery items (inventory takes that up!) and I sure don't stock pile or buy 100 hand soaps just because they are free.  But I have cut my grocery bill down to about $100 to $150 per month just by keeping an few extra on hand and buying only what's on sale plus a coupon (unless it's an extremely good deal like the 64oz of Wesson oil that I bought today for $2.77!)  Granted I'm single but I do have my two fur-children to support and food is still expensive for one person.  I also don't buy too much junk, prepackaged or frozen food so I assume that I could spend a lot less if I did but I really would like to eat a bit more healthier than that!  I spent $77.52 today for $170.61 retail value of groceries.  Here is what I got:
  1. Two Folgers Coffee Cans
  2. Two 64oz of Wesson Vegetable Oil
  3. Two boxes of Success Basmati Rice
  4. Two packages of Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
  5. Two packages of Butterfinger Candy (Halloween)
  6. Two packages of Laffy Taffy (Halloween)
  7. One package of Kit Kat (for my Dad)
  8. Eight bottles of Lipton Pure Leaf Iced Tea
  9. Two heads of Cauliflower
  10. Three artichokes
  11. Two Yoplait Greek Yogurts
  12. Two packages of Whiting Fish Fillets (LOVE this fish!)
  13. One can of Barbasol Shaving Cream (for work)
  14. Eight large cans of Hunts Tomatos crushed, sauce and diced (so I can make my own sauce)
  15. Two bottles of Sauve Professional Shampoo
  16. Two bottles of Sauve Professional Conditioner
  17. Four bottles of Sauve Dry Shampoo (I have a new found love for this!)
  18. Two bottles of Dove Daily Repair Intensive Conditioning Treatment
  19. One package of Olay Regenerist Serum (we all know how expensive this!)
A total of 50 items.  And as you can see some of these items are for other purposes and I have also decided that as Christmas gifts this year, I am going to put together care packages for everyone.  Hence the multiples of shampoo, etc.  So how do you think I did?   Would you not waste your time or does it make you excited?  I would love to know your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I am still trying to figure out what you are going to eat for the month. Any hints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! This isn't my first grocery haul! :) My fridge is packed with food. Last week I actually stocked up on chicken because it was on sale. I've been couponing for about six months now so I've got plenty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul!!! I KNOW how much the Olay is, ouch, when I buy mine I've bought a lot loss then what you did and spend just as much. Great job with your coupons. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...