Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My eBay Office - Photography


Here is my clothing photo section right before I get ready to take some photos.  There are 5 lights, can you spot them all?

So this is my photography section.  I have one for clothing and one for everything else.  I use a white backdrop for both which I actually just switched to after using gray for a very long time.  I also use the simple desk lamps with the bendable necks.  I got those at either Target or Walmart (I can't remember) for about $5.00 however, I don't use just any bulbs.  Regular bulbs will give you a yellowish tint so you need to use daylight bulbs or bulbs with at least 5000k.  This will give you a nice bright white light.

This is my other photo section with the 4 lamps and daylight bulbs
 The mannequins I got off of eBay.  While I would love to have a full size mannequin, they were a bit more more pricey so I went for these half hallow ones which cost me around $50 including shipping for all four.  I got a man, a woman, a toddler and an infant and they have made such a difference in the quality of my photos.  You can find these mannequins here.  They come in different colors and sizes including plus size and maternity ones which I really do have to get!

You can also see that I place a lot of lighting around my objects.  5 for clothing and 4 for everything else.  While I would love to have those great big professional ones, I continue to use this set up because it works for me and I get my desired outcome.  Maybe one day I will splurge and get them but I would rather spend the money on new inventory!  

Next up is my listing section.  Cheers!
On the wall to the left I have a wire shelf (thrifted) that I put up to hold my props such as my plate and jewelry stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...