Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thrift Finds January 23, 2014

I had my eBay sellers group meeting last night and I am so happy that I went.  It was a great meetup with my good friend Dory taking her new lead as organizer and event leader of the group.  She did a great job and I'm so happy for her!  The meeting really got me even more energized (not that I was in a slump) and I actually stopped by the Goodwill today.  My intention was only to buy myself a pair of gloves because, like socks, somehow one always goes missing.  These are the gloves.  My Goodwill (like so many others) gets Target's clearance stuff.  I can tell it's from Target because it has a white tag.  My Goodwill only does donations with rotating red, yellow, green and blue tags.  I'm happy I didn't have to travel to Target to get them, I got them for $3 instead of $11 and they match my new ($5 thrifted) winter jacket!  With that said, if you're a thrifter like me, a quick stop at a thrift store for one thing actually never really happens!


I had just dropped off my shipments at the post office and decided to swing in for the gloves.  I had just sold and shipped these Arcoroc Seabreeze dinner plates.  They had fallen off of my listings and during my basement cleaning/organization, I had found them.  They had very heavy utensil marks and I had already sold two other sets of 4 that I had gotten very cheap at a church rummage sale.  However, I just wanted to get rid of them and decided to list them competitively so they would go fast since I had had them for so long.  I listed them at $27.99 on January 9th and they sold today.  Here is the breakdown:

Cost of Goods: $1.00
Shipping: $6.75
PayPal: $1.11
eBay: $2.52
Total Fees:  $11.38
Total Profit:  $16.61 (59.34%)

You can imagine my surprise when I went in to the Goodwill and found 8 more of these plates in almost pristine condition for $8.00.  It is $1.00 a piece but since the condition is much better, I will be selling them for more.  Here are some current listings of these plates to give you an idea what I can sell them for.

I also found one of my favorite items to sell; a Royal China Pie Plate.  They aren't huge money makers but they always sell relatively fast and for some reason I find them all the time!  Today I found the Pumpkin Pie one.  Here are some listings of them to show you what they look like.

I have really begun to attack the items that I have hoarded (eh-hem, gotten) and came across these Christmas stockings that my Mom had picked up for me at a local church thrift store recently.  Right after Christmas, they have a huge deep discount sale and then a free day shortly thereafter.  Yep, FREE!  So my Mom was able to pick up about 8 Christmas needlepoint stockings for me for free.  I will be listing these now because Christmas items do sell all year and if they aren't listed they can't sell!  These three will be listed tonight and I will add links once I do so.  They are personalized but it doesn't really matter.  It is the design that sells but also the name brand.  Not to mention that the embroidery is relatively easy, but tedious, to take off.  Check them out!  They are pretty! (you can click the pictures to enlarge)

The Christmas tree one is made by Lillian Vernon and I will be starting the auction at $19.99.  The Santa one is Sferra and I nearly fell over when I saw the completed listings.  I have never heard of Sferra but will look out for the name now!  I will be starting that auction at $39.99.  The nutcracker one does not have a name brand but it seemed very popular and I saw a bunch of them that sold for great money.  I will be starting this auction at $39.99 as well.  The best thing about these items is that they are pure profit!  Doing the happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...