Friday, January 17, 2014

Thrift Find Sold! - January 17, 2014

In last weeks My Return post, I had discussed a Vintage Waring Blender base that I had sold for $29.99 and mentioned that I still had the blender jar.  Well I got that listed and guess what?  It sold for $25.99 and with no lid at that!  I had it on a 3 day auction and had one bid but that's all I needed!  Here's the break down of fees and profit:






Cost of Goods - $0.00
Shipping - $10.65
PayPal fees - $1.05
eBay Fees - $2.34
Total Fees - $14.04
Profit - $11.95 (45.98%)

I'm very happy with these numbers.  You may look at these numbers and think that it isn't very much money
off of one item but if you add the $15 that I made off of the base to this, that's a total of $27 that I got for free.  Then, if I had to measure how much time it took to make that $27, I would estimate that from research to write up to photos to cropping to listing, it took a total of 29 minutes (for both) which means that my hourly wage would be in the neighborhood of $54.  If I worked 8 hours a day at that wage, that would be $432 a day in pure profit.  However, since this is sales sometimes it doesn't work that way but bet your bottom I will get there!  Anyway, I just wanted to share the news.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...