Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Book Fair

Today I went to the Wilton Library Book Fair.  It was the last day and it was $5.00 a bag.  I love these book fairs because I can restock my inventory quite cheaply.  I got two bags of books for $10.00.  Within those two bags, I got 48 books.  That's $0.21 each!  Most of the books I got, list at decent prices so I'm sure to make money!  The best thing was that when I arrived, there weren't too many people in front of me.

And it wasn't raining yet!  I got first dibs pretty much on what I wanted.  I try to focus on cookbooks because they sell well but I also got some great self-help books and some fiction.  I just finished listing them all on Alibris and my eyes feel like popping out of my head.  But at least they are listed!  I have almost 200 books listed which is great.  I still need to get that inventory up though.  Listing books is much easier than listing for EBay or Etsy.  But it still takes time!  I'm glad I didn't get anymore than I did.  I sure was tempted too!

I still have to photograph my thrifting finds from this weekend.  I found absolutely fabulous stuff!  I was all over the place thrifting this weekend and the first two ended up being duds but then I hit the jackpot.  I promise to post tomorow!

Good night!

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea cookbooks sold well! What kind? Only like, betty crocker, or other brands or just any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more like what the fad is at the moment. Atkins Cookbooks are good. Betty Crocker is great if you can find a vintage one. I found a ring binder one at a Goodwill for $1.50 and sold it for $35.00! The new ones are all over the place and there's no profit in them. Big name chefs and popular people, actresses, singers etc. sell well too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine,
    May I ask you where you are selling your cookbooks? From reading your posts...is it Alibris? Thanks for your time.
    Crystal Thomas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...