I'm finding it hard to keep on top of this blog since my business is moving along at a rapid rate. I remember almost every day that I have to write a posting while I'm right in the middle of doing something but always forget buy the time I'm done! Ten days since I've written a posting. Shame on me! It hasn't been easy to find time to squeeze much of anything in. I've had sales every day, have been educating myself more since I'm ready to take my business to the next level, I had to do end of the month accounting for both myself and to pay my consignors, my parents have requested my presence and I've only been able to squeeze in a bit of thrifting. Not that I need more inventory because my house is jam packed with stuff. I really need to kick my self in the butt a little bit more and perhaps write a schedule to stick to. I'll see how that goes!
Do you remember how I found those Arcopal dishes? Yup, well half of the set is gone. Sold and shipped! That was a great buy and I knew so at the time because Arcopal sells great. This week I found this Deruta pitcher. It's seems to be unique because Deruta usually has distinct patterns, yet this I have never seen before.
It's lovely Italian pottery and I actually have a set that my mom gave me. I remember the plates hanging on the wall at my grandmas house. I have the rooster design though which is very popular. When I first started selling, I found a Volpi Deruta at the Goodwill for $2.50. It was a demitasse cup & saucer and was extra special because it was signed by Volpi. Volpi created the company and I believe is now deceased so if you find any that are marked Volpi, buy it! Anyways, I sold that little cup and saucer for $18.50 and probably could have gotten a bit more had I known what i was doing then! I was certainly not mad about a $16 profit (minus fees of course) and it is what kept me going.
I've been listing a lot of inventory that I've had in house since that is the main reason I kept buying! Like this Japanese Calligraphy Set.
This sold within 12 hours of posting.
I also posted these MacKenzie-Childs Placemats with the retired Go Fish pattern.
They are up on auction and already have an opening bid. I started the auction at $34.99 with free shipping. I'll do well on these!
I really have my heart set on going thrifting tomorrow. There are so many Tag Sales listed and I am determined to go to at least a few. I need to whittle my inventory down but getting out of the house never hurt anybody!
Have a great weekend and Happy Thrifting!
No comments:
Post a Comment