Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thrift Finds This Week

So I promised to post my finds from this past weekend and here they are!  I drove 30 minutes to what was supposed to be a "GIGANTIC" tag sale and was a bunch of overpriced junk.  Perfumes, perfumes, and more perfumes, jewelry boxes, clocks etc.  Nothing like what the ad had stated.  They guy obviously sold on EBay because there were tons of EBay books there and multiples of unmoved inventory priced for EBay...not a tag sale.  So I moved on and hit a small sale back in my city of Bridgeport and found these cobalt blue goblets
$2.00 for the pair.  They are Libbey glasses and since they are blue I snapped them up.
I also got this box of stationary.  Win-win situation here.  Cat lovers and Andy Warhol lovers.  $1.00

I then moved on to what was supposed to be two estate sale but ended up being one.  The people who were running it had everything way over priced.  I asked how much for a small Fenton vase and he told me "well that would run about $50 so I'll give it to you for $15".  He was full of you know what.  I know what it goes for and it certainly isn't $50!  Then I asked about a set of Franciscan dinnerware.  Now mind you, the creamers spout was broken off and glued back on, there were chips on some of the plates, etc.  So I asked how much.  Again, well I want to move this stuff so I'll give it to you for $125.  I turned around and was going to leave however I had noticed some nice clothes and asked how much those were.  Well, what are you looking at was the question.  I picked up a light weight NY & Co spring jacket.  $15.  I dropped it and made a bee line for my car.

At this point it was still before 11am and I wasn't ready to go home yet.  So I traveled to my childhood town of Westport.  Now this is where I scored...

The first stop was a very small sale with an older couple.  I looked through the books then headed in the garage.  There wasn't much there but what was there was golden to me.

I got this old Oscar Schaller teapot, creamer and sugar.  Now the Schaller company was bought out by Winterling in I think the 50's.  This set is from the 30's - 40's.  I got it for $6.00!  Yes the whole set!  The teapot alone will sell for around $50.00!  The nice lady started throwing a couple things my way.  I guess she just wanted to get rid of it.  She gave me

this beautiful Kaiser bisque vase for $1.00!  The logo still has W. Germany on it so it's not a newer piece!  Then I was looking at a spice rack.  I didn't take a picture of it but she gave that to me for $5.00 and a set of Pimpernel coasters!  I spent $13.00 here and made out like a bandit.

So now I was in a groove.  I went to another estate sale and hit another jackpot!  I started looking around and found
a whole set!  OK so it's not Theodore's French Limoges but it is Sepia Rose which everybody has!  $50.00 for the whole set.  It's my first Haviland set.  I was so excited.  I'll definitely make money off of it since it's the whole set.

Then I found some odds and ends and since I've been a bartender for most of my life these intrigued me


I've never seen a bar spoon with a jigger on it nor cocktail party name badges!  $0.50 each.
Loved these when I saw them.  Set of 3 enamelware pans from France.  $5.00
 These are for me.  I have fond memories of making cookies with my grandma and I would get to use these.  I didn't know what my mom had done with those so I snatched them.  When I asked my mom she said she still had them.  Oh well, now I have some too!  $0.50!
PINK PYREX!!!!!  Loved it, grabbed it, gonna sell it!  They are in perfect condition too.  Even the lids.  No scratches, chips nothing!  $5.50!!!!!  Woo-hoo!


 I got these for my mom.  $0.50.  She's an L and I thought they were so cute.  We can use them at Easter!  I also found that since they were made "Exclusively by the perfect hostess" I just had to have them!  They are disposable!  So 50's, I love it!

So all in all I spent $82.50.  I had no plans of going thrifting this weekend but my mom just told me that my favorite church is have their Spring Tag Sale so I know I will have another great post for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...