Monday, April 18, 2011

Thrift Finds Yesterday

I was a very bad girl yesterday.  Even with all the wonderful things that I had gotten on Saturday and all the money I spent, I still managed to be at the Goodwill when it opened yesterday.  I had remember a Georges Briard tray that I had wanted and it was going half price yesterday so I just had to go and grab it!  I love, love, love Georges Briard!
And this one is signed!
I also got a few other half price items for the store like these mugs...
...and this gravy boat.
But I also got myself something.  It was not half off but it was only $3.00.
Isn't this a gorgeous tray?  I just had to have it.  It's a pale pinky beige with gold and black design.   It's not scratched one bit.
 But the real reason I got it was I saw the two metal things in the front that I hadn't seen before...
...it made me look closer and flip it over.
It has legs!  Yes it's a little crooked because it's missing it's two rubber feet but that doesn't matter to me because once I realized it had legs, I knew I was going to buy it and what I was going to use it for.  When I do the consignment end of the accounting at the end of the month, I really don't want to sit at my desk and do it since I'm always at my desk.  I take the paperwork and go into my bedroom and turn on the tube.  But I'm always so uncomfortable!  This is going to be perfect for that.  The two little metal things will hold my paper in place!  However, I realized one more thing about it when I got home and was admiring it...
...it tilts up!  I don't even have to hunch over the tray.  I can highlight, add and calculate away and be comfy!  How handy dandy is that?

4 comments:

  1. That tray is awesome!!! I love it! I might need to start looking at trays too! But I've never seen one as handy as that! And only $3! WOW!
    So what do you do with the mugs? I see mugs everywhere and even have people try to give them to me at garage sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen one like it before either! Perfect useful vintage just how I love it!

    The mugs I sell but be very careful and be choosey. Two are Royal Norfolk which is a decent brand. One is from the Disney Store and the bunny one is signed. There were probably about 100 mugs and only those 4 that were worthwhile (and half off!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...