Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Selling as a Business

I consider myself a full time reseller.  Even though I still have a part time job, the bulk of my income comes from reselling.  My desire is to live solely off of reselling and work from home.  Since the beginning, I have started Catherine's Peacock as a business and consider it just that.  I spent money on things that I thought would make a big difference in helping my business flourish.  I bought inventory before I started listing.  I signed up with a research tool.  I started listening to E-Bay radio, RRB Radio and subscribed to newsletters from the pros.  I researched the way others sell on E-Bay, Etsy and Alibris.  I looked at those who didn't care much for having well lit pictures (or enough of them), confusing descriptions, feedback scores, everything.  I also looked at TRS's and the people who have been on E-Bay since (or near) it's inception.  What made them successful?  How do they do things?  What do their pictures look like?  I bought a few books about starting a business, what to sell on E-Bay, where to find stuff, and a book about dinnerware (because that is ultimately the core of my business).  I researched and researched and I still do because this business is far from being where I want it to be.  I've done a few things like set up my Catherine's Peacock Facebook Page, Twitter account and bought the domain name for CatherinesPeacock.com.

Why am I saying all of this?  Because.  In order to have a business reselling, there are so many things you should do in order to make it easier for you to grow.  Simple things that don't cost so much but have been a larger than life help to me in becoming a TRS and getting 5 star feedback.  My thought for this blog is not to solely share my thrift finds (yet that is a really fun part of it!) but to also share with others how I started and bounce ideas off of you guys and maybe get a few ideas from you as well!  My thinking that there are two distance types of people who sell online with many different facets under each; The Casual, Extra Money, This is Fun Seller & The Business, Make My Own Living Seller.  Therefore, I'm going to be adding a new post each week or so about different facets of each (I have been both types of seller) and things that have helped me grow.  Topics I'm considering are:
  • Importance of Pictures
  • Listing Software
  • Organization
  • Storage Space
  • Postage & Shipping
  • Packing Supplies
  • Research
If you have any ideas or want me to write about something, PLEASE, by all means, let me know!  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...